Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bachelor Pad Review: Money is Ugly

Bachelor Pad Finale...Wow, what a night of drama and quite the unexpected turn of events. If you watched this season of the Bachelor Pad, then you know that there was a fair amount of chaos and drama within the mansion and between couples, frenemies, and so-called "alliances." 

I really don't want to summarize everything that went on, so I will just give my thoughts and opinions on some of the main surprises / confrontations at the finale.   


1.   Rachel vs. Jaclyn:  I know these two are best friends and were in the same alliance.  They had each other's back for pretty much the whole show.  However, I don't think Rachel did anything wrong when she and Nick chose to keep Chris & Sarah around for the finals and send Jaclyn & Ed home.  It was obvious that it was a very tough decision for Rachel, and she felt very badly for sending her best friend home.  She and Nick knew that their best chance of winning would be against Chris & Sarah because the rest of the cast would be voting...and the majority of the house disliked Chris & Sarah and the drama they created.  The majority of the house loved Jaclyn & Ed....no-brainer, right?  You would want to be up against the couple that you have the BEST chance of beating.  So in regards to the alliance, you can stand true to the alliance until it comes to the point where you have to choose between yourself and someone else.  And obviously Rachel would rather herself win, right?  I do think Jaclyn acted loyal throughout the show and the things she said in the limo after getting kicked off last week came out at a time when she was upset, hurt, and very angry.  I applaud her for still voting for Rachel & Nick at the finale and that definitely showed her character and integrity. 




2. Rachel vs. Michael: Michael did come on this show saying he came for love not the money.  He won the money last season.  I'm sure he did lead Rachel on -- there is pressure on this show to "couple up" and choose a partner who you trust and can make it to the end with.  Add in the alcohol, lack of outside world, and really anything to do besides hang out with each other and I'm sure things sort-of heated up, got sped a long, etc. in the process.  I think Michael is a good guy, and I don't think he tried to intentionally hurt Rachel. However, his actions did hurt her -- but I also think Rachel got caught up in the whirlwind of things.  Realistically, they were not in the house that long, so did she really fall in love with him? Probably not, but she probably was falling for him or the idea of Michael Stagliano.  I do think that it would be turning the knife in her back when she found out he was in a long-distance relationship with a girl from Chicago after the show ended...after he told her he did not want any sort of long-distance relationship.  Hopefully, they both have now moved on.



3. Chris vs. Women:  Chris acted like a fool throughout the show.  I think he knows it and so does America.  And apparently his family, as well -- as he stated that they were not happy in the way he acted and that it was not the way they raised him.  He did seem to be a tad embarrassed and almost regretful -- but this quote was a little dumb -- ""you can't regret the things you can't change." HUH?!
I don't really care to say anything more.  Chris made his bed and now he gets to lay in it -- because he must have forgotten that the cast comes back to vote for the final two couples.  And no way was he ever going to get a majority of votes -- even after telling the cast to vote for Sarah, not for him. Sorry Chris.



4. Jamie: I do kind-of feel bad for her because I really do think she is socially awkward like Jaclyn said, "I think that you’re very socially awkward and I think that you don’t know how to communicate with girls.”  Also, what was with her entire outfit?  She obviously felt like she had something to prove and I think it must be that she could pull off the most hideous ensemble in Bachelor franchise history.  Also, she treated Ryan exactly how Chris treated her. Her line about Ryan, "I mean I didn't want to be partners with Ryan, OBVIOUSLY," -- So there is her karma. She should apologize to poor Ryan for how she treated him throughout the show & then at the finale. Jamay - you cray.




5. Tony & Blakely: Congrats to this couple on their engagement!  They might seem to be an unlikely pair, but I think the two of them together actually does make sense.  They didn't talk much about Tony's son, but hopefully the son and Blakely have been getting along well.  I wonder if Tony paid for that Neil Lane ring or if ABC paid for it?  I have my money on ABC... but I do hope that they are happy together.




And last, but not least...
6.  Rachel vs. Nick: First of all, I have never been so angry at a reality TV show/finale.  I think Nick showed his true colors and that he is a greedy, selfish, arrogant b******.  Not only did he do the ultimate selfish thing in keeping the money all to himself while Rachel got NADA, but he acted like a complete a******while doing it.  His little speech before announcing that he was keeping the money showed that he really is an immature, bitter, jealous little crybaby.  "Wah wah wah no one paid attention to me, no one wanted to be my partner, I did this on my own, blah, blah blah"  Nick - you did not mean for this to happen -- you got LUCKY.  

Who could have planned that they changed the rules mid-season and decided to kick out a girl, allowing her to bring a guy with her.  It just so happens that your partner, Erica got kicked out and brought down Michael, Rachel's partner, thus leaving the two of you to be partners together.  No Nick -- don't say you played the game smart, that happened and you got lucky because of it.  Also, when you say you played the game smart -- who was it that kept the two of you around? OH right, Jaclyn & Ed because of RACHEL and the alliance/friendship they had with her. Not because of you.  Also, the singing competition that the two of you won and led you to the finals?  Did you win that by yourself...or was it a TEAM effort?  Another thing -- the votes that you received by the rest of the cast at the finale -- how many of them would you have received WITHOUT RACHEL?  I am guessing maybe one...two at the most.  

So if it weren't for Rachel, you would not have been anywhere close to the money.  And the fact that you say you played the game, you were there for the money and not love or friendship -- fine... but you definitely showed your TRUE COLORS, lack of integrity or character and ultimately your selfish and greedy personality.  Also, the way you acted afterwards was disgusting, deplorable, and down-right embarrassing. I believe in karma and what comes around goes around.  So good luck with that ugly, dirty money.

 

Rachel - I think you are a good person and you deserved this money.  I hope good things come your way after this whole debacle.


Sorry, I realize this might come off as a bit of a rant...but I really did feel strongly about Nick's actions during the finale and wanted to express my thoughts.  I know some people think that Nick was totally right in doing what he did and agreed with his reasoning -- everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but obviously I would disagree with those people, haha.

Adios, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment