Wednesday, September 25, 2013

BluePrint Juice Cleanse Review -- I'm Juicin'

Last week I tried a juice cleanse for the first time.  I'd been wanting to try one for quite awhile, but the cost had always stopped me.  I thought I could make my own "green smoothies" in my blender, but it's definitely not the same as doing a all-out juice cleanse for a few days.  So, I decided to just pull the trigger and order a cleanse online.  I read two articles on Health.com and Huffington Post that reviewed popular juice cleanses -- it even told you which celebs do which cleanses.  I went to each cleanse website featured in the reviews and researched a bit, read the FAQs, etc. 

I ended up going with the BluePrint Cleanse for a few different reasons.  It got decent reviews as far as taste, a lot of celebs do this cleanse, it was on the low-end price-wise as far as juice cleanses go ($65 per day + $10 shipping, Yikes!), and it was being shipping from NYC to Cleveland, which is closer than ordering from a company out of California.  Also, I really liked BluePrint's website -- they had a ton of information, advice, FAQs, etc.  It gave you recommendations on what to eat before the cleanse, what to eat after the cleanse, why juicing is good for your body, etc.

(P.S. Celebs who do the BluePrint Cleanse: Blake Lively, Ashley Greene, Olivia Wilde, Bethenny Frankel, Ginnifer Goodwin, Sarah Jessica Parker)

There are three levels of the Cleanse with BluePrint: Renovation, Foundation, and Excavation.  I chose the moderate one: Foundation
With the BluePrint Cleanse, you can pick however many days you'd like to do.  I chose three days because from what I had read, three days is a manageable time-frame.  They ship the juices to you overnight, so the first day you can start for the week is on a Tuesday.  They also recommend starting your cleanse right when you receive the shipment because the juices are all natural and will spoil if you don't drink them right away.  

So my cleanse was Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.  I tried to "eat clean" for a few days before I started so my body wouldn't be too shocked by the lack of solid foods.  

Cooler lunch bag
The shipment arrived at my office at about 9:50 am on Tuesday morning in a box (it's guaranteed to get there before 10:30 am barring any weird weather delays & such).  The juices were all wrapped up in a silver cooler covering and lots of ice packs.  They also give you a cute little cooler lunch bag!  I immediately put the juices in the fridge and opened up my first juice! The juices are labeled 1-6 each day and you are supposed to drink them in order.  Also the juices do not change from day-to-day, so the juices you drink on Tuesday are the same as the juices on Wednesday and so on.  

We Think, You Drink

Juice 1: Green Juice 
Ingredients:
Romaine

Celery 
Cucumber
Apple
Spinach 
Kale
Parsley
Lemon

I really liked the green juice.  I think the strongest flavors in the juice were Celery & Cucumber.  Obviously, it's a green juice, so it's not like you're not drinking a milkshake, but I did enjoy it!

PAM
Juice 2: PAM (Pineapple Apple Mint)

This was probably my favorite juice.  So yummy!  I would drink this over & over. 





Juice 3: Green Juice again
 















Juice 4: Spicy Lemonade (Water, Lemon, Cayenne, Agave Nectar)
This one was really good also!  Had a nice little kick to it.  It was definitely needed during the later afternoon when I was ready for a pick-me-up. 

Juice 5: Green Juice Again

Juice 6: Cashew Milk (Water, Cashew, Agave Nectar, Cinnamon, Vanilla)
This was probably my least favorite, but I'm not a milk drinker, so it was the toughest for me to get down.  Some people raved about the cashew or almond milk drinks in the cleanse reviews, so I think if you liked milk, you might really like this one.  The first day was the toughest for me to drink this one, but it got much better in day 2 & day 3.  Maybe I just got used to it or I realized that it's much better to take big gulps rather than sips.  



BluePrint Cleanse


Everyone asked me if I was hungry.  No! The juices are filling and you can time them out throughout the day.  They tell you to drink the last one at least 2 hours before you go to sleep and try to space them out by at least an hour throughout the day.  I think I was drinking one about every 2 hours. I did not feel deprived at all. 


The only thing I missed while on the cleanse was caffeine. You can't drink coffee and I'm a big coffee drinker.  I typically drink 2 cups a day.  I drank green tea instead, which is allowed, as is organic tea.  I also tried to drink a lot of water.  

After you are done with the cleanse they tell you to slowly reintroduce your body to food and give sample menus -- which is super helpful, BluePrint!  Also they send you an introductory email on your first day and then the post-cleanse email on your last day.  The first day off the cleanse, they tell you to eat fruit, cucumber, celery, lettuce, avocado. If you want to make a little salad, you can use lemon juice & olive oil for dressing. So I tried this and .. YUCK.  If i did this again, I would definitely start slowly on reintroducing my body to solid foods, but I wouldn't be quiteee that strict.  Maybe do a green smoothie, a light salad, etc.  

Also, you aren't supposed to drink alcohol while on the cleanse and for 4 days after the cleanse, so keep that in mind if you are looking to try one.  

I would definitely do this again.  It's not something I can afford to do all the time, but if I'm wanting to detox or reset my body every once in awhile, I'm all in for Juicin'! 

For more info on the BluePrint Cleanse, check out their website! They have TONS of information.  Also follow them on Twitter & Facebook because they sometimes have promotions -- I just saw one on their Facebook for 20% until end of September. 

Any questions, feel free to leave me a comment below!  

Happy Juicing!

Xo
Mandy

**I was not paid in any capacity to do this cleanse for BluePrint or write a review.  I actually paid them in order to do the cleanse.  BluePrint, if you would like to pay me to do your cleanse moving forward, I'm open to a discussion. :)

1 comment: